Sunday, September 25, 2011

Easy Lentil Veggie Burgers

I made these vegan veggie burgers last night. They are packed with fiber and protein. Recipe makes 6 patties


Ingredients:
     1/2 cup dried green lentils
     1 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
     6 cloves of garlic
     1/2 cup fresh mushrooms (I used 1/2 cup of zucchini instead and a handful of spinach)
     1 Tbsp. olive oil
     2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed 
     5 tsp. Dijon mustard
     3 Tbsp. tomato paste
     1 tsp. chili powder
     1 tsp. turmeric
     1 tsp. cumin
     1 cup cooked brown rice


Note: I ground my own flaxseed from whole flaxseed


Instructions:

Preheat oven to 375

Cook green lentils and brown rice according to package directions.

In the meantime, add the garbanzo beans, garlic, mushrooms, and olive oil to a food processor and process for 30 seconds until somewhat formed. Remove the mixture and put in a large bowl.

Add cooked and drained lentils, cooked brown rice and remaining ingredients to the bowl. Mix and mash until contents are evenly spread out.

Form the mixture into 6 patties

Kinda look like funky oatmeal choc chip cookies LOL

Place on a greased or sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.


Enjoy!

I topped mine with avocado and ate it with my salad. I made my husband the same but on top of a piece of a garlic pita, and yes he ate it!! LOL
There are a number of things you could top it with, be creative!

Mine

My husbands


Peace and Love,

Jamie xx





No comments:

Post a Comment