I recently took a class at the world famous Hippocrates Health Institute on sprouting and wheatgrass. I've been implementing wheatgrass juice in my diet for a couple years now and more often now that I have my own juicer. One thing I did learn is that not all wheatgrass is created equal. Wheatgrass should not make you feel sick afterwards, if it does this means either you are VERY toxic and need to start off with less OR the wheatgrass you took was not of very good quality and may have contained traces of mold.
Wheatgrass should be taken on an empty stomach approx. 30 minutes before a meal. Start off taking .5 ounces per day and work your way up 2 ounces per day.
Before I continue let me share
What is wheatgrass?
- Wheatgrass is one of the richest natural resources of Vitamins A, C, D, K and B-complex. Wheatgrass is also a natural source of Laetril (B-17).
- Wheatgrass is the richest source of chlorophyll, which is the "blood" of plants, with a molecular structure that is almost identical to the hemoglobin molecule of the human blood.
- Wheatgrass contains beta-carotene, which is found in red, green and yellow pigmented fruits and vegetables. Beta-carotene acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules, flowing naturally through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution, or other environmental toxins.
What will it do for you?
- Drinking wheatgrass and green juices helps your body to build red blood cells which carry oxygen to every single cell.
- Chlorophyll helps wash drug deposits from the body, purifies the blood and organs, and counteracts toxins. Wheatgrass helps remove toxic heavy metals (lead, mercury, aluminum) that have become stored in the tissues.
- Wheatgrass juice helps to increase the enzyme level in our cells, which aids in the rejuvenation of the body.
- Wheatgrass is one of the most direct and highly concentrated forms of the Sun's energy, and is the optimal energizer when it is juiced. Just 1.5 ounces of wheatgrass juice is nutritionally equivalent to 2.5 pounds of fresh vegetables and contains 103 vitamins and minerals.
- The juice made from wheatgrass is 70% chlorophyll and oxygenates the white blood cells of the body, in turn boosting the immune system.
- Wheatgrass is also very beneficial for people who wish to lose weight. An ounce of wheatgrass juice a day increases your metabolism and makes you feel great in every way.
- Wheatgrass juice is one of the best sources of living chlorophyll available and is the basis of all plant life.
- Chlorophyll is the first product of light and , therefore, contains more light energy than any other element
- Wheatgrass juice is crude chlorophyll and can be taken orally and as a colon implant without toxic side effects.
- Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all the body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
- Chlorophyll is an anti-bacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer.
- Dr. Bernard Jensen says that it only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass juice and uses up very little energy.
- Science has proven that chlorophyll arrest growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
- Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals have shown chlorophyll to be free of any toxic reaction. The red cell count was returned to normal within 4 to 5 days of the administration of chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic or low in red blood count.
- Chlorophyll can be extracted from many plants, but wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man. if grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from the soil
- Wheatgrass has what is called the grass-juice factor, which has been shown to keep herbivorous animals alive indefinitely.
- Dr. Ann Wigmore and institutes based on her teachings has been helping people get well from chronic disorders for 30 years using wheatgrass.
- Liquid chlorophyll gets into the tissues, refines them, and makes them over.
- Wheatgrass juice is a superior detoxification agent compared to carrot juice and other fruits and vegetables. Dr. Earp-Thomas, associate of Ann Wigmore, says that 15 pounds of wheatgrass is equivalent of 350 pounds of carrot, lettuce, celery, and other nutritious vegetables.
- Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
- Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
- Chlorophyll helps purify the blood.
- Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
- Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant.
- A small amount of wheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevent tooth decay.
- Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will help eliminate toothaches. (Be sure to spit it out) It pulls poisons from the gums.
- Gargle with wheatgrass juice for a sore throat.
- Drink wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.
- By taking wheatgrass juice, once may feel a difference in strength, endurance, health and spirituality, and experience a sense of well-being.
- Wheatgrass juice improves the digestion.
- Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes.
- Wheatgrass juice is an excellent skin cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition. Pour green juice over your body in a tub of warm water and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.
- Wheatgrass implants (enemas) are great for healing and detoxifying the colon walls. The implants also heal and cleanse the internal organs.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowels regular.
- Dr. Birscher, a research scientist, called chlorophyll "concentrated sun power". He said "chlorophyll increases the function of the heart, affects the vascular system, the intestines, the uterus, and the lungs."
- Wheatgrass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
- Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
Wheat grass has only about 10-15 calories per teaspoon. It has no fat or cholesterol. It has nearly a gram of protein per teaspoon, and includes all eight of the essential amino acids, as well as 13 of the remaining 16. The amino acids it doesn’t contain are easily made within the body.
It contains Vitamins A, B1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, and 12; C, E and K. A teaspoon of wheat grass contains around 15mg of Calcium, 8mcg Iodine, 3.5mcg Selenium, 870mcg Iron, 62mcg Zinc, and many other minerals.
I just made myself a shot. My dogs LOVE wheatgrass too! They come running as soon as they hear me get my little HealthyJuicer out. They know wasssup. If you've ever noticed when your dogs aren't feeling well they will eat grass.
The HealthyJuicer extracts every little bit of juice leaving a dry ass green dreadlock LOL
And wah lah!
I love my HealthyJuicer manual wheatgrass juicer so much I now sell them in my store for $44.95 They are are the best I swear! I actually have a really nice big juicer that can juice wheatgrass but only use this, it's that good. So easy to clean and put together you can't beat it. It's so small and lightweight too, it's just great, the best thing I've ever bought for $45 bucks that's for sure.
Growing your own wheatgrass is very easy, so they say! I have all the stuff and plan on starting to grow my own in the next week. I will be sure to do a separate post on that once I've done it to fill you in. Until then the BEST place to buy your wheatgrass is from Got Sprouts?
Yes, you can buy frozen wheatgrass juice and wheatgrass powder BUT FRESH IS BEST!
Peace, Love, Wheatgrass!!