Saturday, February 18, 2012

Water (update)

So awhile ago I did a post on water, bottled, filtered, tap, ect... and thought I would give you an update.


Since then I have purchased a distiller and have been bottling (in glass bottles) my own water. It's the purest and most cost effective way I have found. Distilling water removes EVERYTHING from the water even the good stuff (minerals) which is why some people might not think that distilled water is the best. Well that's why it's best to add the good minerals back to the water after you have distilled it which is what I do.


I'm not going to get into the importance of drinking good water in this post because I'm pretty sure I already have and in case I wasn't very clear IT IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT!! 
Not all water is created equal. Back when I was taking a Living Foods course here in Ft. Lauderdale we had a whole class on water, the teacher said that when all different bottled water companies were tested that Zephryhills was the worst, it is actually acidic. The best water is alkaline and if it's acidic you got problems, not to mention Zephryhills has the thinnest cheapest plastic bottle which is a whole other problem. They try and get you on the bottle by saying "Ecobottle" so you think they are doing something good for the environment by using less plastic, well not the case. Then a few months ago I was at a talk with David Wolfe and he mentioned that he had visited the Fuji bottling water plant and that they fill there bottles with water before they are even completely cooled which is also a bad bad idea. If the plastic hasn't cooled completely more opportunity for the plastic chemicals (BPA, ect..) to leak in the water. And let's just mention it's NOT from Fuji LOL.
Point being if you are drinking bottled water stay away from Zephryhills and Fuji and more importantly buy water that comes in glass bottles OR best yet distill your own and bottle it yourself like I do, saves you money, saves the environment and good for you!!




I have the distiller by H20Labs, it's stainless steel and has a glass carafe, it's Model 300SS, it cost $219 which if you think of the money you pay for all those plastic bottles it will pay for itself within a few months. This is what it looks like. 




It's really easy to use. All you do is fill up the canister with tap water, like so....




Put the lid back on, put glass canister underneath the spout and hit reset. Within a few hours (approx 5-6) you have a gallon of the cleanest drinking water.


I then add minerals to it and pour it into glass bottles




You have to rinse out the stainless steel canister after each use because it gets funky in there from all the gunk it has pulled out of the water but nothing crazy, just a few rinses with water and a wipe with a paper towel and it's good to go. Every 3rd or 4th use it's good to clean with the cleaning salts it comes with, again this is really easy and takes maybe all of 15 minutes.


Here is the link to the distiller I have Distiller - Model 300SS
The link to the minerals I add ConcenTrace Minerals a bottle will last atleast 6 months but really depends on how much water you make, I'm pretty much making water constantly since I drink alot and use it to cook with.


Here is a video to watch on The Story of Bottled Water which I think I've posted before but either way here it is again :) 






Peace and Love,


Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment