Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An old-fashioned hot water bottle


Gonna be quick cause I got a date with an old fashioned water bottle...uh how I love this thing ; )


Heres why.... 
(the below information is out of one of my school books - Integrative Nutrition by Joshua Rosenthal)


The lower belly is the home of your Hara, the central balance point of your body and according to Asian philosophy, is the center of your life energy. The Hara is the gate, the doorway to the universe energy surrounding us. Heat from a water bottle brings more energy and more blood circulation to the digestive organs in this area, which are really the engine of your body. It aids in digesting food and in unblocking energy that may be stuck after a heavy meal.

At bedtime, place an old-fashioned hot water bottle on your belly for about 15 to 20 minutes. Most hot water bottle today are plastic, so you’ll want to put the bottle in a pillowcase or get a cover for it before placing it against your skin.

On a psychological and emotional level, warmth on the belly may promote absorption and digestion of whatever feelings or mental input are left over from the day’s events. It’s an ancient and natural feeling for both men and women to seek some kind of warm coziness at night, and if there isn’t someone in the bed with you then a hot water bottle can help create this feeling. This is also an easy and inexpensive way to heat up your bed before sleeping. It’s a simple and effective way to feel nourished.

Women can also use a hot water bottle, similar to a heating pad, to help relieve the pain and tension associated with menstrual cramps. It conforms to your body and you can you can use it at night and not worry about falling asleep with it. British scientists have proven that applying heat to your abdominal region actually deactivates pain at a molecular level, similar to the effect of taking over-the-counter painkillers. The heat from the bottle blocks pain messages to the brain.

I bought mine from Amazon, Fashy is the brand. They come in all colors. They have tons of cute covers for them too, check Amazon OR 'My Store', I added them under the 'I have I love I use' tab.

When the old hubs first saw it he was like "WTF you doing with that douche bag?" I said "I don't know what I'm doing with you!" hahahah just kidding! (if you even got it LOL) point is I had no idea but I guess these hot water bottles can also be used as a douche bag or an enema bag so by all means.... have at it, it's multi-purpose! 
My purpose is for  what I stated above, warmin da belly, but if I ever use it for another reason I will be sure to fill you in ; )~

Sweet Dreams,

Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment