Friday, May 20, 2011

Quinoa Avocado Corn Salad

Oh my goodness deliciousness .. thanks again to Kimberly Snyder's The Beauty Detox book for this YUUUUUUMMY recipe!


I ended up with some corn in my Annie's Organic box this week which I normally wouldn't buy so I decided to give this recipe a try and so glad I did.


Quinoa, Avocado and Corn Salad


Base Ingredients:
3 cups of water
1 1/2 cups of dry quinoa (be sure to soak overnight and rinse well before using)
Raw kernels of 2 ears of organic corn (preferably white, shaved right from the cob)
2 avocados, sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
3 Tablespoons of red onion, chopped fine


Dressing Ingredients:
1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoon Braggs Liquid Aminos
1 Tablespoon brown rice vinegar


In saucepan bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the quinoa and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent and soft (about 10-15 min). Pour the quinoa thru a strainer and set aside in a bowl to cool.


*NOTE: To make life easier without having to soak quinoa overnight, strain it ect... buy the Sprouted Quinoa by TruRoots and just follow the directions on the back, let cool and set aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.



Blend all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, whisk well with a fork.

*NOTE: I didn't have any brown rice vinegar so I just left it out. So my dressing ingredients were only the lemon, olive oil and Braggs Liquid Aminos

Add the kernels of corn to the quinoa (not hot quinoa, make sure it has cooled), along with the avocado and chopped onion. Mix. Pour dressing on top and mix again.

Perfect summer salad....best also eaten on top of a bed of baby spinach!





Peace and Love,


Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment