Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Health freak!

So for about a year or more I've been a little bit of a health freak. After the month long panic I went thru and seeing a holistic doctor it changed me. I basically eat pretty clean, not too much processed stuff, lots of veggies, lots of water and green tea. NO sodas NO coffee, lots of water ect.. I would say I am about 85% organic if not more. I tried at one point to do the whole raw food thing but didn't last, I actually found I gained weight while doing it. Maybe because I was trying all new sorts of foods and LOVING all of them so I was eating alot more calories. It's weird cause when I was little I was a "picky" eater and now I'll eat anything and like everything! You can make some deeeelicious stuff with raw foods. There is a place in Boca Raton, Fl called Fourth Generation Organic Market I love it! Besides having a small all organic produce section they have great already prepared foods, so it's a great place for lunch. They make sandwiches (on sprouted bread), salads, soups, smoothies ect... Most of the prepared foods are 'raw'! If you don't know much about  raw food then this all sounds gross I would imagine. Don't knock it till you try it, it's good and more importantly good for you! I also take a shit load of vitamins and supplements every morning too. I try and juice as often as possible too,which hasn't been often lately which is why I am writing all this, I've been slacking and time to get back in the game! I've done cleanse or two in the past as well, the one I LOVE is Isagenix. You are guaranteed to lose 10 lbs during the 7 days. Besides losing weight they are good to do just to detoxify the body. There are lots of other things you can do to detoxify the body as well like infrared saunas, massage, skin brushing (which I do), hot yoga, I'll get into all these things in a later blog. Anyway I think I'm gonna cut out the alcohol for a while and amp up my health freak-o-meter! With the holidays then being in Vegas after New Years for a week I've been slacking, with my work outs too. I feel soooo much better when I'm not drinking, eating healthy and working out.  In later posts I will have some of my favorite healthy snacks, what I drink, workouts ect... for those that care LOL
Peace Love Happiness
Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment