Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sleepytime ZZZZZzzz

How nice is it to get in your bed with fresh clean sheets?! Ahhh I love it! What I don't love is washing the sheets, I have to wash mine 2 sometimes 3 times a week cause of my dogs. No matter how hard I try I can not keep them off my bed. Anyway every time I change the sheets I spray this pillow mist on my pillows...I LOVE it! It's lavender and vanilla. It's from Bath and Body Works and is $10.
Well today when I changed my sheets I went to spray it on my pillows and was all out sooooooooo in the same drawer in my nightstand I have a few bottles of essentials oils. One of them is Lavender which is known as a great aid in relaxing and winding down before bedtime and another is Peace and Calming which is a blend of certain essential oils and it's known to help calm tensions, promote relaxation and a deep sense of peace. These are by a company Young Living.  I decided I would make my own pillow mist. I got a travel size spray bottle I had lying around and diluted a few drops of each with some distilled water and wah lah my own home made pillow mist!
You can buy essential oils at any healthfood store, GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, I think even Target! When I looked up lavender oil I came across this ; )

spray – adding 1 teaspoon of essential oils to 7 ounces of distilled water along with 1 ounce of vodka or 90% isopropyl alcohol (to emulsify the oils) and then spray on bedding, linens, towels, and use as a room spray to deodorize and disinfect the air

Going to make a cup of chamomile tea and get cozy in my bed...nighty night..sleep tight!
Sweet dreams ; )
Jamie xx

1 comment: