Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sometimes I feel like a nut!

LOL


A great afternoon snack.....ALMONDS!!! I eat a handful of almonds almost everyday!


I like them best when I roast them myself......


I buy a bag of raw almonds

Spread them out on a baking sheet

And put in the oven that is 275 degrees for 30 minutes


I started doing them like this a couple years ago when I did my first Isagenix cleanse. They are the only thing you are allowed to eat on cleanse days and they must be done this way. My husband will only eat them if I do them this way (can you say 'picky' LOL) so I've been doing it ever since. Yes I know I can buy them roasted but they taste better fresh and when you do them yourself. Plus your house will smell good ; )


No matter how you eat them, they are a great snack. And gooooooood for you, click link if your curious to know the health benefits of almonds ; )
http://www.shedyourweight.com/almonds_health_benefits_eat_more_healthy_almonds.html


Jamie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment